Friday, March 27, 2015

Film Soundtrack Mixtape-2014


I am not a music connoisseur and if you ask me which is my favorite album from a certain band that I listen to, the answer would most probably be 'Best of InsertBandName'. The way I discover contemporary music is usually based on 'Best Album of the Year' poll conducted on RAWK (a Liverpool fans forum that I visit regularly). Last year it was Lost in the Dreams from the band 'War on Drugs' and the year before it was Drenge  from the band with the same name. Apart from these, another source for discovering music is from the soundtracks of films that I watch. So the following is a list of best music I discovered through watching films from last year.

1) Vitamin C from CAN-Inherent Vice

2) Born to Die from Lana Del Rey-Mommy

3) The Taste of Blood from Jozef Van Wissem & SQÜRL-Only Lovers Left Alive

'Only Lovers Left Alive'  is the soundtrack of the year and should be listened to in its entirety.

4) El Condor Pasa from Simon & Garfunkel-Wild

5) I Love You All from Michael Dassbender-Frank


6) Death from Mica Levi-Under the Skin

The entire soundtrack is very creepy...

7) Vengeance from Perturbator-The Guest

The Guest is 2014's Drive in terms of Soundtrack. A very fun film to watch as well.

8) Deep Blue from Arcade Fire-Boyhood

I am a fan of Arcade fire but hadn't heard this track before watching Boyhood.

9) Experience from Ludovico Einaudi-Mommy

10) Funnel of Love from Madelline Follin-Only Lovers Left Alive


11) Far From Any Road from The Handsome Family-True Detective


12) Secure the Galactic Perimeter from The Soronprfbs-Frank


13) Obsidian from Gatekeeper- The Guest


14) Think from KALEIDA- John Wick


Search ResultsSQÜRL

No comments:

Post a Comment